SmAgTECH EXPO is designed as a multifunctional multi-day event with 4 components:
- Conference – where the most important innovators, scientists, and practitioners in this field will be presenting their findings, practices
- Fair – where leading ICT-based products, innovations, and services will be exhibited by leading regional and international companies, universities, and research and development centers
- Hackathon that will bring together students and research teams with their ideas, and companies and business angels as investors
- Employment fair at which companies and employers will announce their vacancies for employment and/or professional practice and students and unemployed persons will be able to leave their CVs and partake in live talks
The conference part of the SmAgTech Expo event starts on November 16, 2021. with the plenary session starting at 11.00. A total of four contemporary topics lasting 30 minutes each will be presented. It will be possible to ask questions to the lecturers after the lecture. For more information on lecturers and topics, see the attached materials.
As part of the conference part of the EXPO event, November 17th, 2021. in the period from 10:00 to 12:00, there will be five parallel sessions in the field of application of information and communication technologies in fruit growing, viticulture and winemaking, food processing, agricultural technology, plant protection, and animal husbandry.
Our partner Joao Valente from Wageningen University & Research will participate in the Smart Fruit Growing session with the presentation "Efficient orchards and vineyards management using AI-driven UAVs".
Other presentations within this session are:
- Present and prospectives of European fruit production - Prof. Phd. Florin Stanica (Professor Faculty of Horticulture, University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest)
- How the use of sensors and camera's and IoT make it possible to manage at a tree level in fruit growing - Peter Frans de Jon (Wageningen University & Research)
- Agricultural land management using GIS-based multicriteria analysis of hazelnut land suitability - Prof. Mladen Jurisic (Faculty of Agrobiotechnical Sciences Osikej Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek)
Make sure to register and join FlexiGroBots to know more about the progress achieved within Pilot 1.